VR Group - News and press releases
- Tatu Tuominen appointed VR Group’s Senior Vice President, Communications
Tatu Tuominen, 48, M.Pol.Sc, has been appointed VR Group’s Senior Vice President, Communications. He will take up his new position on 15 January 2018. Since 201... Read more
- VR Group’s profitability increased significantly
Net sales increased in January−September by 5.8 per cent to EUR 923.5 (872.6) million.
The Group's operating profit for the period was EUR 82.5 (25.5) million,... Read more
- New electric locomotives serving freight traffic
VR Group’s Sr3 electric locomotives make it possible to apply new, efficient operating models in freight traffic. The new workhorse with its versatile features ... Read more
- VR to acquire new rolling stock for domestic long-distance traffic
Strong growth continues in domestic rail travel. VR will buy new rolling stock for long-distance traffic from Transtech with the aim of responding to the increa... Read more
- VR aims for strong position in competitively tendered passenger services
On 9 August, the Ministry of Transport and Communications announced its plans for opening up passenger services to competitive tendering on an accelerated timet... Read more
- VR Group's operating profit increased substantially
VR Group’s operating profit in the January to June period was EUR 36.8 million and improved from the EUR 1.2 million in the previous year.
In passenger traffic... Read more
- VR Group is selling its head office: Scandic to open a hotel in Helsinki Railway Station
VR Group is selling its head office, located in connection with Helsinki Railway Station, to real estate investment company Exilion, which will renovate the fac... Read more
- New Vectron locomotives in action soon
The first Sr3 electric locomotive starts to operate in commercial traffic on Wednesday, 31 May.
The first eight Sr3 electric locomotives were officially transf... Read more
- A strong first quarter for VR Group
VR Group’s net sales have increased by 10.6 per cent, with operating profit amounting to EUR 15.3 million.
From January through March, 21.7 million journeys we... Read more
- Practice familiar from the metro extended to trains: Buy your ticket before boarding the commuter train
On 19 June, a new customer service model will be introduced in the Helsinki region commuter trains. Ticket sales in commuter trains will end and conductors w... Read more
- First MaaS pilots realised this spring: VR to start building travel chains in Finland
VR will build nationwide travel chains in Finland to make travelling smoother and more carefree. Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is an entity in which VR can serve... Read more
- Strong performance for VR Group’s Finnish business operations
The Group's operating profit was EUR 43.3 (65.4) million. Comparable net sales fell by 3.6 per cent.
A total of 117.9 million passenger trips were made. The qu... Read more