VR mobile shop now available for a number of operating systems
VR's new mobile shop VR Mobile now offers free applications for Windows Phone, iOS and Android phones. The WP app was introduced on 23 April when the new purchasing channel VR Mobile opened for train travellers.
– Our mobile shop now offers customers a full range of services. First user experiences have been very positive and we have received a lot of valuable feedback on the basis of which we will continue to develop the service together with customers, says Vice President, Commercial Lassi Rönkkönen from VR Passenger Services. Tickets easily from VR Mobile Through VR Mobile ticketing you can purchase most long-distance train tickets quickly and easily. Basic tickets for Eco Class and Flexible tickets for Extra Class can be purchased via the mobile service. In addition, the Advance ticket that is cheaper than other tickets and special offers are available. You can also buy pet and bicycle spaces and book seats for multi-tickets. You can buy tickets for one outbound or inbound trip at a time for up to 10 persons.
How to use VR Mobile:
- Go to m.vr.fi.
- The application works best with Windows Phone, iOS and Android smart phones, which also have free applications available in their own app stores.
- Tickets are purchased as from VR's Online Shop vr.fi, but on your mobile. Train tickets are sent as links to your mobile and e-mail from where you can also print tickets. The ticket is also saved directly on the app users' phone so that an online connection is not needed.
- You can buy tickets for other persons by forwarding the e-mail or link to another e-mail or phone.
- Tickets can be paid with most credit or debit cards (Visa, Mastercard). Visa Electron and Maestro cards are also accepted.
- Any changes to tickets can be done by calling VR Customer Care or station ticket office.
Ticket cancellations are made at ticket offices. If you go to the normal browser-based VR Online Shop www.vr.fi, you can go to VR Mobile from there. The mobile app has, in addition to the new mobile shop, long-distance and commuter timetables, live train updates and station services. For further information on VR Mobile go to www.vr.fi