VR to launch mobile shop for train tickets
It is now easier than ever before to buy train tickets as VR opens a new mobile ticket shop - VR Mobile. Tickets can from 23 April be purchased from m.vr.fi and VR also offers free mobile applications for Windows Phone, iOS and Android smart phones.
– Our mobile shop improves the availability of train tickets and brings customers a convenient way to buy tickets. In particular those who have joined our customer loyalty programme Veturi will benefit, says Lassi Rönkkönen, Vice President, Commercial of VR Passenger Services. Tickets conveniently from VR Mobile Through VR Mobile ticketing you can purchase most long-distance train tickets quickly and easily. Basic tickets for Eco Class and Flexible tickets for Extra Class can be purchased via the mobile service. In addition, the Advance ticket that is cheaper than other tickets and special offers are available. You can also buy pet and bicycle spaces and book seats for multi-tickets. You can buy tickets for one outbound or inbound trip at a time for up to 10 persons.
How to use VR Mobile:
- Go to m.vr.fi.
- The application works best with Windows Phone, iOS and Android smart phones, which also have free applications available in their own app stores. The first available app will be the Windows Phone version on 23 April. Other apps will become available during spring.
- Tickets are purchased as from VR's Online Shop vr.fi, but on your mobile. Train tickets are sent as links to your mobile and e-mail from where you can also print tickets. The ticket is also saved directly on the App users' phone so that an online connection is not needed. • You can buy tickets for other persons by forwarding the e-mail or link to another e-mail or phone.
- Tickets can be paid with most credit or debit cards (Visa, Mastercard). Visa Electron and Maestro cards are also accepted.
- Any changes to tickets can be done by calling VR Customer Care or a station ticket office.
Ticket cancellations are made at ticket offices. If you go to the normal browser-based VR Online Shop www.vr.fi, you can go to VR Mobile from there. The mobile app has, in addition to the new mobile shop, long-distance and commuter timetables, live train updates and station services. Smoother services for Veturi members VR introduces VR Mobile, an even more convenient way to use VR services, to customers who have joined the customer loyalty programme Veturi.
The mobile service allows you to log into the customer loyalty programme and update your information. You can quickly purchase tickets when all required information is readily available. The mobile service allows you to save your favourite tickets and payment details to make new ticket purchases easy. In addition, the service shows earlier reservations and orders. With the new service you can also join Veturi on your mobile. Veturi members are among the first to receive information on offers and benefits and get to participate in developing VR services. For instance, the mobile shop that will be rolled out has been evaluated by Veturi members. The mobile shop continues VR's efforts to revamp pricing and services.
The shop is developed on the basis of feedback from customers. A mobile application is being developed for corporate customers. Train tickets can also be purchased from VR Online Shop vr.fi, stations, ticket machines, VR Custome Care, trains and by reserving by phone and picking up at R-kiosks. Most travel agencies also sell train tickets. Read more on VR Mobile www.vr.fi